According to the Equifax website:
Delivers a credit score that represents the creditworthiness of a person by evaluating their likelihood of repaying their debt.
- Backed by Equifax’s consumer credit database which now includes mortgage data — the largest in Canada — and built on FICO’s scoring systems.
- Based on the FICO® 8 Score blueprint, the redeveloped BEACON score features innovative methods for assessing lines of credit and consumers who are new to credit.
How it works:
BEACON uses a refined methodology to assess a consumer’s repayment performance across all their accounts to help predict the likelihood that an existing or potential customer will become delinquent within the next 24 months. This revitalized Score maintains consistency with prior BEACON Scores in key areas, namely the minimum scoring criteria, 300-900 score range, reason codes and odds to score relationship, making it easy to adopt and use.
A proven scoring solution, BEACON enables the lender to:
- Approve accounts while minimizing risk
- Accelerate decision making
- Improve account profitability
- Streamline account management
Source: Equifax Canada (http://www.consumer.equifax.ca)